Friday, February 12, 2010

Tip #6: How to do the Test Plan more flexible using variables and properties

JMeter's variables and properties can do your Test Plan very flexible and prevent you from frequent modifications of the Test Plan. Just add the most frequently used options as variables on the Test Plan page and specify their values using "__P" function as on the screenshot below.


As you can see Test Plan can be executed with default values and at the same time if you need to modify some options you can pass them to Test Plan through the command line without the modification of the Test Plan.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Victor,

    Your posts have really helped me to ramp up on Jmeter, we have been asked to evaluate Jmeter and SOAP UI for webservices testing... I am currently working on Jmeter... had a query:

    Is there any way to reuse the SOAP requests or any samplers with in a JMX file, I mean something like calling a request/sampler, rather than a copy/paste....

    Thanks,
    Pallavi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pallavi,
    I think I did not understand what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    My question is not related to this post. But if anyone can help that would be great.
    I am able to run Jmeter script through ANT in a sequence.
    But what is happening now I kept 5 scripts in a folder and
    those script run one by one. They are running sequence.
    I want to run those 5 scripts parallel.
    So I need to add threads in ANT or Jmeter?
    Can any one of you please let me know how to do this.
    I am trying to figure this out but not able to do.
    Please help if you guys know about this.
    Thanks in Advance.

    ReplyDelete